Payment must be received in full at least ten (10) business days prior to the first day of training to reserve a seat and retain your registration.
Payment forms accepted:
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and other credit cards are accepted. Visit UFTI-T2 course registration page to pay by credit card.
UFTI-T2 accepts payment via ACH, EFT, or wire transfer. To pay using one of these methods, complete a Request for Incoming Bank ACH/WIRE/EFT form, and submit it to University of Florida Treasury Management.
Purchase Order and Check
Agencies and businesses may pay by check PRIOR to a class. Checks received must be processed by the University of Florida Treasury Management before the first day of training. Returned check fees become the responsibility of the check issuer.
For agencies required to pay after services have been delivered, registration can be approved by submitting a purchase order to T2CTTassist@ufl.edu upon registration.
Submit a copy of the approved purchase order to register employees using the purchase order payment option.
Cashier’s Check or Money Order
- Cashier’s checks and money orders must be made payable to the University of Florida.
- Reference the specific class session the payment is for.
- Include the trainee’s full name, the class title and start date of their class session, and any additional information you believe useful.
- Attach a printed copy of the registration confirmation or invoice.
Mail payments to:
Florida Transportation Technology Transfer (T2) Center
University of Florida
2100 NE Waldo Road
Gainesville, FL 32609
Changes to Registration – Trainee Requested
Cancellation and transfer requests must be submitted in writing (email is preferred). Transfer requests must include a valid future class session from the current T2 schedule.
GREATER than ten (10) business days prior to the start of a class session:
- If a transfer request is received at least ten (10) business days prior to the session start date, the initial registration will be cancelled and a full refund will be issued. A new registration for the desired session may then be completed.
- If a cancellation request is received at least ten (10) business days prior to the session start date, no transfer fees will be applied and a full refund will be issued.
FEWER than ten (10) business days prior to the start date of a class session:
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN WITHIN TEN (10) BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR TO THE START OF A COURSE SESSION.
- If a transfer request is received fewer than ten (10) business days prior to the session start date, a transfer fee of one hundred dollars ($100.00) will be assessed and collected prior to the transfer.
- A maximum of one (1) transfer request is permitted per registration instance. Once a registration has been transferred, the entire amount (including the transfer fee) is non-refundable.
- If a cancellation request is received fewer than ten (10) business days prior to the session start date, the entire fee for that session will be forfeited.
- If a trainee is a “No Show” for a session, the entire fee for that session will be forfeited and no refunds will be issued.
Cancellations – T2 Initiated
Hurricane / Weather Related
Cancellation of any T2 class session(s) due to threatening weather conditions will be at the sole discretion of the University of Florida T2 Center. Notification will be posted on this website, sent by e-newsletter and/or e-mailed to the affected trainee(s).
Trainees in class sessions cancelled by T2 will receive full refund or be rescheduled, with no transfer fee, for a future class session. If a trainee is unable to attend a class because of hurricane or storm related weather or damage, they will have fourteen (14) calendar days, from the scheduled class session end date, to provide written documentation to T2 requesting a refund or reschedule. For hurricane or storm information, please be sure to visit any of several weather websites for your particular area such as www.weather.com/newscenter/tropical/
If T2 cancels a class session, a full refund will be issued or the trainee may reschedule, with no transfer fee, for a future class session. T2 will notify the trainee about the cancellation and determine at that time if a refund or reschedule is requested. T2 is not responsible for non-refundable travel fares, lodging deposits or any other costs incurred due to the cancellation of a class session.
Substitutions will be permitted up to the start date of the class session. Trainees are responsible for ensuring that the substituting trainee meets any applicable prerequisites for that class session.
We reserve the right to refuse service at our discretion
If you have any questions, please contact Jasper Masciocchi, Education and Training Program Manager: 352.273.1685 or email@example.com.