- Webcasts – Live classes, conferences/meetings, web only classes, etc.
- Transistion from xCatalyst to XMS for credit card payments.
- Moved video training from a live class based on VHS tapes to an on demand model based on videos uploaded to our YouTube channel.
- With the help of the Ped-Bike team and our vendor we implemented a new reporting process for our customers. Before we could only take reporting through email. This new process is more streamlined and makes it much easier to find and track customer reporting on helmet and other resource distribution.
- Minority Task Force – helped prepare tablets for data collection.
Sean is the T2 Center’s “IT” guy – so everyone knows him and needs him! His primary responsibility at the T2 Center is maintenance of the computers and related equipment. He also has responsibilities with T2’s safety resource centers, the Florida Pedestrian and Bicycling Safety Resource Center (Ped-Bike”) and the Florida Occupant Protection Resource Center. Sean works closely with other College of Engineering IT professionals to provide excellent support and to adapt T2’s computer and software systems to the Center’s changing needs and the constantly evolving environments of computer software and hardware, as well as UF requirements.
Sean’s many years of background are divided between computer support and customer support. He has worked computer support call centers for major manufacturers, fielding the vast range of questions posed by home and business users. Patient and focused, Sean emphasizes doing his job well and providing excellent, timely service.
Sean enjoys cycling and is very involved with the local music scene. Over his years in the Midwest and the South, he has attended numerous concerts. Ask him about it.